free counters

Sunday, March 21, 2010

My freind's interesting question


A good freind asked me the other day an interesting question 'Have you ever felt in love?', and while digesting that question to give a humorous response I've come to realize that I've never really fell in love. Yes, I've had crushes and admiration from time to time but I can't say that I've been in love.
To me it has to come from both side, and I'm not talking about the red hearts and roses sort of love. I mean the kind that makes you feel light-hearted and joyful to be with this person and love the goodness within them so much that you want the whole world to see that person the way you do. Also ..I don't know.. you feel like time flies so fast when you spend time with this person and wish to stay a little longer, opening up and absorbing sincerely what the other is saying.
InshAllah I'd have something like that one day, though I feel i might be too hopeful. Living in such a fast-paced time and in a culture of narcissism where superficial kindness reigns supreme I think it will prove challenging. So I made a simple prayer to God...If I don't know what's that feeling like in this lifetime, then I hope to feel it in the next. =)
In the meantime I'll enjoy the blessing that he has bestowed upon me, Beautiful family, health, fun job, great freinds and a safe country!

No comments:

Post a Comment