free counters

Friday, June 4, 2010

Used to wish I was speacial

For so many years I've been trying to impress others, going the distance to ensure that I never make anyone frown and avoid saying no to people only to realize that it brought me nothing but misery and disappointment.
I sometimes wish I was a little stronger, smarter or even someone who achieved something grand in their lives (higher degree, marriage, etc.) like some of the people i met in my life. But I realized that I only wanted these things to impress my family and never myself. And only when I realized that and looked inside I discovered that there's something special in me and thought 'these things will come to me when I learn to love and focus on myself.
And strangely after all the highs and lows I've been through I wouldn't go back and change it. Because if it wasn't for the girl i was in the past, I wouldn't be the woman that I discovered I am today. :)



"I am glad that I paid so little attention to good advice; had I abided by it I might have been saved from some of my most valuable lesson mistakes."

No comments:

Post a Comment