free counters

Monday, July 12, 2010

Arrogance: an occasional evil necessity




Living in this society, I sometimes think social arrogance is an evil necessity, it helps you differentiate the sycophants from the sincere individuals. I've always tried to avoid it but sometimes being nice and full of hospitality isn't always a good or a safe thing for ones' feelings...I think we arabs of the gulf are genetically predisposed to be too hospitable!
I suppose it's this recent fear in me that believes that many people ,especially in the corporate world, relate nice with weakness, lack of confidence or just plain incompetency. I'm not saying that you need to be this cruel, arrogant individual that rolled from the shores of hell, but one occasionally needs a side that is assertive, alert and (dare I say it) bordering on the occasional supiriority. Elhumdellah, I'm glad I work in the health sector cause it keeps the 'arrogant demon' at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment