free counters

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thoughts: My resolutions..no seriously

Two days left for 2010. InshAllah it will be a better and a brighter beginning. Yes I might sound a little too optimistic but that's the way I like it! Life's too short to even live a little of it in gloom and doom. So here are my New Year Resolutions:

• Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
• Read more books than I did in 2009
• Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while walking, I’ll smile
• Not to compare my life to others
• Not to have negative thoughts or things I cannot control.
• Not to waste my precious energy on gossip
• Make peace with my past so it won't spoil the present
• Call family often
• Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6
• Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful
• No matter how cranky I feel, get up, dress up and show up
• The best is yet to come.. (That’s what my dearest friend Shurooq always tells me and she’s so right!)
• Thank God always for everything!

Might seem like a long list but it’s so simple that I’m planning to start with it today =)



Photo from the blog Beautiful Things to Share...

No comments:

Post a Comment